EMBRYO INSURANCE AFTER PURCHASE!
Feb 26, 2022
What is insured?
This insurance pays a lump sum in the event of a covered event as summarized below. Coverage commences at hammer-down and ends at the time of weaning with a maximum of 150 days from birth with a maximum up to December 1.
- We insure the embryo against hammering with a maximum of € 25,000. Of course this amount can always be adjusted downwards.
Rejection of embryo/ foal
- There is coverage in case of rejection of the embryo/foal by the (surrogate) mare.
Being born dead or deformed
- Cover is provided in the event of the foal being born dead or deformed.
Death after birth
- There is cover when there is death or emergency slaughter as a direct result of an acute illness or accident after birth.
What isn't insured?
- In the event of a twin pregnancy, no compensation is paid if one of the two foals is born dead or deformed or dies during the term of the insurance. If both foals die, compensation is paid on the basis of one foal.
Congenital hereditary defect
- There is no entitlement to payment in the case of a congenital hereditary defect.
Premiums as a percentage of the insured value
The premiums are calculated on the basis of fixed percentages that increase as the expected date of birth gets further into the year. To calculate the correct premium, assume the implantation date in accordance with the declaration.
If one or more embryos have been rejected or foals have been born dead in the last 3 years, premiums and acceptance are on request.
In case the (surrogate) mare is older than 15 years, acceptance is on the basis of the submitted documents.